Philippians In Review
Now that we have finished reading Paul’s letter to the Philippians, it’s important to reflect on the key themes and ideas from this book. Today, in lieu of a particular passage to read, take some time to answer the following questions:
- How would you summarize the book of Philippians in one sentence?
- What did you learn about God throughout the book of Philippians?
- What did you learn about humanity throughout the book of Philippians?
- How did studying this book stir your affections for Jesus?
- Go back to Acts 16:11-40. Why did Paul care so deeply about the church at Philippi? Which of those characters do you most identify with? Why?
- What are 2-3 practical applications for you to take from Philippians today?
- If you were to try to memorize just one verse from the entire book of Philippians, which one would it be? Why did that one speak to you?
Leave a Comment below
Did you learn something today? Share it with our Bible Reading Plan community by commenting below.
1 thought on “Philippians In Review”
Reflecting on Philippians, I see Paul demonstrate that life is like a pair of parallel railroad tracks running together. The left track is the undeniably hard/broken realities of this world where pain & suffering exist. Found on the right track are the blessed assurances believers have in Christ, that he is always at work in us enabling us to hold firmly to the message of hope, and that joy can permeate even in great difficulty. This is truly what sets believers apart, a great love for our Savior that ushers in joy in spite of difficulty. It’s really where we choose to leave our gaze, to the left or the right that determines the outcome. “Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, the author & perfecter of our faith, who for the JOY set before him endured the cross, scorning the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the Father. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary.” Hebrews 12:2-3